Spring is finally here, and you know what that means…it’s spring cleaning time! While your home, pantry, and closet are probably on your list of “to-clean” spaces, consider adding your car to that list too. Since our vehicles get us from point A to point B on a daily basis, they see a lot of dirt, grime, leftover food wrappers, and miscellaneous materials that accumulate.
To inspire you to spring clean your vehicle, check out our 5 spring cleaning tips for your car!
- Start with the outside and work your way in. Washing all of the salt and winter residue off of your car is much needed when spring comes your way! Starting on the exterior means you get to see immediate results, which can inspire you to tackle the clutter that’s accumulated in the interior.
- Don’t forget to hose off the underbody! Although it’s not immediately visible, the underbody of your car sees the most dirt of all. Give it a good hosing off and enjoy the satisfaction of the dirty water running down the street.
- Remove the trash from your car’s interior. Admit it, you definitely have more than a few paper scraps and receipts lying around in your car. Now’s the time to go in and dispose of everything you meant to months earlier! After you collect what you can pick up with your hands, take a vacuum and suck up all of the crumbs and pebbles that made their home inside your car.
- Use a cleaning spray and microfiber cloth on your dashboard. Wipe down the interior surfaces of your car with a gentle cleaning spray and a microfiber cloth. This will collect all of the dust and dirt that has collected over the winter and leave your car’s interior looking shiny and fresh.
- Clean your floor mats! Using a carpet cleaner to remove the grime from your floormats will make a world of difference inside your car once you place them back looking spick and span.
These spring cleaning tips for your car only scratch the surface of what you can do to transform it! If you’re the kind of person who likes keeping checklists handy, check out this car spring cleaning checklist to make sure you hit all of the bases.
Although spring cleaning your car is a great opportunity to assess your car for any potential damage, emergencies happen. In the case that your car breaks down or you’re looking for towing services, contact Tow Pro at 888.695.1555 to learn more about our towing solutions or to reach our 24/7 emergency roadside assistance hotline. We’ve got your back!