They say desperate times call for desperate measures, and this holds true when your vehicle requires a tow. Towing can be a double-edged sword; while having your car towed isn’t ideal, it certainly gets you out of an already bad situation, but one question remains: can towing damage your car? If specific precautions aren’t used, yes, towing may damage your vehicle. This is unfortunate because your car would need towing as a result of an accident or due to mechanical issues, so you wouldn’t want to add more damage to the mix.
What Kind Of Damage Can Your Vehicle Sustain From Towing?
- Certain damages can occur from your vehicle being hooked to the tow truck; these can range from minor exterior scratches to dents or transmission damage.
- Mechanical or transmission damage usually occurs when towing hasn’t been done correctly; this is why it’s crucial to be informed and up-to-date on towing best practices.
- It is crucial to remember that if a vehicle is towed, it should be put into “neutral.” If a car is in “park,” the wheels will damage the tires and any linkages leading back to the transmission.
- If you own a front-drive vehicle, it should only be towed from the front wheels.
What Can Tow Pro Do To Reduce Damage To Your Vehicle While Towing?
- While these possible damages to your car may make you stress out about which towing company to call if you get stuck in a bind, look no further! At Tow Pro, our drivers are licensed and insured, and our trucks are up-to-date and equipped.
- We also have sleek wheel-lift tow trucks designed to lift your vehicle with just the tires, so you don’t have to worry about your car being raised by the bumper!
- Our team also undergoes mandatory continuous industrial training, ensuring the highest caliber quality and expertise. From service calls to complicated recoveries, Tow Pro guarantees a damage-free towing experience because we know that your car malfunctioning is a headache on its own.
Does your car need a tow? Tow Pro can get the job done! While the idea of possible further damage to your vehicle is a good cause for worry, Tow Pro is here to put your mind at ease with any and all of your transportation needs. Our seasoned professionals provide quality towing, hauling, and roadside assistance services in the Middle Tennessee area, including Brentwood, Franklin, Nashville, and Antioch. With over 20 years in the towing industry and careful attention to detail, our specialties are in damage-free towing as well as heavy-duty towing. We have earned the Better Business Bureau’s A + rating, the highest there is, so you know we are client-focused and take our jobs seriously. Contact us at (615) 256-TOWS (8697), and let us take away the headache from any towing requests you may have.