Spring is (almost) officially here! As the spring solstice approaches, you may be wondering what are the best things you can do to prepare your vehicle for spring. Unlike winter, which often brings snow, ice, rain, and dirt and grime from salted roads, spring requires a new set of considerations when driving your vehicle to avoid any potential damage your vehicle may experience.
With spring in mind, here are five of the best things you can do right now to prepare your vehicle for spring weather:
- Replace your windshield wiper blades. April showers mean your wipers will soon be getting lots of wear, which makes now the perfect time to replace your windshield wiper blades if they’re in mediocre condition after this winter’s precipitation!
- Check your brakes. Winter roads can put a lot of wear and tear on your breaks, which means that they may no longer be in optimal condition. To avoid any nightmares down the road, make sure to check your brakes for any unusual noises or slowing halt times when you’re driving. If anything sounds or feels out of whack, it’s probably worth getting them checked out by your local mechanic.
- Spring clean your car. Chances are that your vehicle has seen cleaner days when the weather wasn’t so cold and you gave it a wash more regularly! Give your vehicle a nice spring cleaning to get rid of all the grime and dirt from the cold winter months.
- Check your battery. Is your battery still holding a decent charge? Try heading to your local auto parts store to have them check your battery’s charge for free. Additionally, try cleaning your battery if there’s any build-up on top of it. It’s always great to have your battery in good working order so you don’t get stranded when it unexpectedly dies on you!
- Check your tire pressure. How are your tires holding up? Tires literally make your wheels go ‘round and get you from point A to point B, so spring is as good a time as ever to check that your tires are in good condition. They might need some air or to be rotated or aligned differently so your vehicle drives smoothly on the roads.
There is a seemingly never-ending list of things you can do to prepare your vehicle for spring (or any season really!), but this is a great place to start! For more tips, there is a wealth of information online like this article that will help you make sure your vehicle is in tip-top shape to start the new season!
In the unfortunate event that your vehicle breaks down this spring, never fear! Call Tow Pro at 888.695.1555 for 24/7 emergency roadside assistance. No matter where you’re stuck, Tow Pro is happy to give you a lift or provide any number of specialized transport options and towing services to help you get where you need to go.