Can you believe that it’s almost summer? We can’t, either. While it has certainly been a different spring this year, there are still cars on the road, and there are plenty of things you can do to care for your car this summer. After all, cars have growing pains and can experience wear and tear like humans do!
Today, we’re sharing our top 5 tips on things you can do to care for your car this summer:
- Check your A/C system. Although you may already have started using it, now is the time to double-check that your A/C system is in good repair! If it’s not, you probably should have it looked at and fixed. If your system isn’t cooling very well, you may need to look into replacing your cabin air filters or seeing a mechanic.
- Inspect your radiator. Want to know what the number one cause of summer car breakdowns is? Overheating. Be sure to take a look at your radiator and ensure the coolant is filled at the right concentration according to your car’s specifications to avoid overheating.
- Look at your tires. Checking your tires was also on our list of things to inspect on your car during the spring, but tires see a lot of wear and tear, and it’s important to be mindful of their condition in every season! If any of your tires seem a little flat or off-kilter, check their pressure and have them filled or rotated as needed.
- Mind your battery. Another item that should always be a priority when it comes to caring for your vehicle is your battery. It’s not a bad time to drive to an auto store and have your battery tested for free. Additionally, if your lights seem dimmer than usual, the power seems to drain when you turn on the A/C, or there is a slow cranking when you start your car, you should probably replace your battery.
- Clean and examine your car. There’s nothing like the excuse of a new season to give your car a deep clean and a once over! While cleaning the interior and exterior of your car, be sure to look under the hood and under your car to ensure that everything looks like it’s functioning properly and in its correct place.
While these 5 things you can do to care for your car this summer are a great start, there are lots of free checklists out there to help you check off everything you can do to ensure optimal car maintenance.
If for any reason you find yourself in need of towing services this summer, don’t hesitate to contact Tow Pro at 615.256.TOWS(8697)! We offer 24/7 emergency roadside assistance, light and heavy-duty hauling, equipment for sale, and more.