Rainy days, flowers blooming, and warmer weather are most likely where your mind goes when you think of spring. Aside from the weather changing and countless spring cleaning checklists, your vehicle also needs some TLC to be road-safe for the first season of the year. It may be easy to procrastinate on vehicle maintenance, but as with anything man-made, it won’t last forever without regular preservation. You don’t have to be a mechanic to take care of your car; with these effortless tips listed below, you can feel safe knowing you are going the extra mile (literally!) to keep your vehicle safe.
What Can You Do To Ensure Safe Driving With The Onset Of A New Season?
- Have you scheduled a wheel alignment? This is critical because, during wintertime, your car may have encountered potholes and other bumps that can cause your wheel to go out of whack. This can cause added stress to your vehicle’s suspension and wear out its tires.
- Test your car’s AC systems! Just running it for 15 minutes at the beginning of every season should tell you all you need to know about fixing it or leaving it as is.
- Check your car’s brakes! If your brake pads need replacing, you’ll hear a high-pitched squeal from the sensor. It may also be helpful to know that most national retailers offer free brake inspections, so it’s never a bad idea to get your brakes checked even if you think there’s nothing wrong.
What Are Some Effective Ways To Spring-Clean Your Vehicle?
- First things first, you need to gather your tools! These can include a winterized hose, buckets, sponges, a hand mitt, rags, and microfiber towels.
- Vacuum your vehicle! Don’t underestimate how quickly dirt and debris can add up. Throw away any garbage that has been left behind and ensure that every square inch of your car is cleaned out except for required documentation, a flashlight, gloves, tire pressure gauge, and loose change, if any is lying around.
- Clean all glass surfaces and windows. Any stains from the previous year will be noticeable on these surfaces, so a thorough cleaning of these areas is crucial to your car’s spring cleaning experience. An aerosol solution doesn’t overdo the process, but it provides a concentrated application that can effectively clean your vehicle’s windows and glass perimeters.
A well-maintained car can do wonders to keep your mind at ease. We hope that the tips above helped you prepare your vehicle for spring! While prevention is often the best cure, sometimes, the unpredictable can happen no matter what kinds of preventative measures you take. If your vehicle breaks down in the middle of the road, you don’t have to go through this nightmare alone. Our professionals at Tow Pro can jumpstart your car, no matter how big or small. With over 20 years of experience in quality towing, hauling, and roadside assistance services in Middle Tennessee, we are client-focused and ready to help 24/7! Contact us at (615) 256-TOWS (8697) for any questions on pricing or our services. We look forward to assisting you!