The holidays are here, and it’s the happiest time of year. With this festive time of year comes several opportunities to travel, but if you haven’t gotten your car checked out, it is best to do that as soon as possible! Almost anything is subject to wear and tear, and your car isn’t an exception. It doesn’t take a lot to ensure your car runs smoothly. A few routine checks and regular maintenance guarantees safe driving all season long.
What Do You Need To Check In Your Car Before Going On The Road?
- This holds true if you are driving at night, but check the lights on your car! Your high and low beams, indicators, brake lights, and license plate lights should be functional before going on the road.
- When was the last time you examined your wiper blades? If a time frame doesn’t come to mind, now would be an excellent time to get it checked out. Even the most sturdy wipers can be worn out in six months, so going to your nearest auto repair store and having them replaced before hitting the road is a good call.
- If you get stuck on the road, you should have a few things handy, including your cell phone and charger, first-aid kit, jumper cables, spare tires, zip ties, a screwdriver, and others.
What Else Should You Know About Getting To Your Holiday Parties Safely?
- Depending on the winter weather, allow ample time to map your journey, so you don’t have to rush! The last thing you want is to get caught in an accident while driving to a holiday party.
- Your car’s tire may deflate once temperatures drop below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Low tire pressure invites many other problems to your vehicle, including slower braking and sloppy steering. Your car may also experience decreased gas mileage which can shorten the life of your vehicle.
- Take certain precautions before driving at night! If you’re tired, pull over on the side of the road and drink some coffee. It’s also helpful to practice healthy sleeping habits so you don’t find yourself dozing off while driving.
At Tow Pro, we are prepared for any towing or hauling scenario that comes our way! With over 20 years of experience, you can trust that our qualified technicians know what they’re doing. We are based in Middle Tennessee, with our offices conveniently located in Nashville, so we provide A + service for the southeast region… but don’t take our word for it- we are a BBB-accredited business, a title we have earned. If you need quality towing, hauling, or roadside assistance this holiday season, contact us at (615) 256- TOWS (8697). We are available 24/7 for all of your towing and hauling needs!