Spring is known for rainy days, and while a rainy day is good for staying at home and watching raindrops fall down your window, those days can pose specific challenges when you know you have to go out. It’s easy to assume that driving in the rain is safer than driving during other inclement weather conditions, but this could not be further from the truth! Driving during the rain, especially during severe thunderstorms, can be very risky, and it is best to stay inside during that time. However, if you’re outside when it’s pouring rain (even if there isn’t a weather alert), it’s still better to take extra steps to ensure your safety and the safety of those in the vehicle with you.
What Steps Can You Take To Drive Safely When It’s Raining?
- Many new models come with automatic lights, but when driving in the rain, using headlights (while utilizing windshield wipers) is safer. This is so other drivers can see you from every corner.
- This goes without saying, but know the roads! If you’re driving on a road with bumps and curves on every corner, you should drive slower in those areas when it’s pouring heavily. It’s easy to be tempted to drive faster when you’re running late, but you don’t want to risk your vehicle hydroplaning and running hours later than you anticipated.
- If your car does hydroplane, direct your wheel to the area you want to go. It usually takes a few skids before coming back on course, so don’t get discouraged if your vehicle doesn’t get back on track immediately.
How Can Tow Pro Help If You’re Stuck In The Rain?
- When you call us, we guarantee that you’ll be speaking to a human- there are no robots on our team! You can rest assured that you’ll get a real person on the line in real-time.
- Tow Pro provides roadside assistance services, including:
- Tire changes
- Jump starts
- And more!
- If you need a tow truck, our fleet consists of light and medium-duty tow trucks ready to help 24/7 when you need it. We can handle any of the following light and medium-duty vehicles:
- Pickup trucks
- And several more!
We hope you drive safely during the rainy season! If you ever need the towing and hauling experts, Tow Pro is the company to call! Our experts are available 24/7, rain or shine, every day of the year because we know that accidents happen without warning. Not only that, but we have locations spanning all across Tennessee, so you know you can rely on a Tow Pro near you. From heavy-duty towing to private property impounding, our team prioritizes safe towing practices in all that we do. For more information, contact us at (615) 256- TOWS (8697). With over twenty years of experience in this industry, you can count on us to do the job right!