Happy New Year from your friends over at Tow Pro! As we welcome a new year, there are a few things to be mindful of when going out on the road, especially with rocky weather being the norm in the Middle Tennessee area in winter. There are certain precautions that every truck driver needs to take before embarking on the road to avoid accidents while also getting to the assigned destination. Listed below, we have a few tips to help prepare your Nashville business’s truck drivers to stay safe out there, because as we always say: Safety First!
How Can My Truck Drivers Avoid Vehicle Issues And Accidents This New Year?
- Don’t Speed! Even if you are running late, as a wise person once said, “it’s better to be late than to be ‘the late.’” Driving your truck faster doesn’t guarantee to make it to the end of the route quicker, especially if you’re passing a speed trap. Even a ten mph speed increase can elevate the risk of a crash by up to 10%, according to national data.
- Conduct vehicle inspections before and after the trips! During these inspections, drivers should ensure their cargo is secure while also utilizing new technologies. Certifying that all systems are up-to-date prevents fixing critical issues during the trip like brake light and turn signal outages while also bypassing law enforcement violations from faulty truck inspections.
- Keep distractions and fatigue at bay! According to the CDC, 1 in 25 adults fell asleep behind the wheel in the last 30 days. Using your cell phone, eating, and drinking behind the wheel is risky for both the truck driver and other people that share the road with them. If you feel sleepy, pull over somewhere to take a 20-minute nap when it’s possible to avoid falling asleep while driving.
If Your Vehicle Experiences Issues On The Road, How Can TowPro Help?
- At Tow Pro, we are the Towing Experts! We have several tow trucks available to handle all your towing and roadside assistance needs.
- With over 20 years of experience in this industry, we also specialize in damage-free towing and hazmat expertise.
- If your truck gets into an accident, there are no “do-overs” because one mistake is all it takes to cause irreparable damage. We can handle vehicles weighing over 26,001 pounds, including semi-trucks and trailers, dump trucks, RVs, and more.
We hope you won’t find yourself needing a tow this new year, but if you do, our experienced team at Tow Pro has the staffing and the tools for a safe tow. We know time is of the essence in these situations, so we make sure to arrive on the scene lightning fast! We are client-focused because customer service is our Number #1 priority. We have also earned the Better Business Bureau’s highest A+ rating. Contact us at (615) 256-TOWS (8697). We would be happy to assist you!