Towing is serious business, and when researching the best towing company around town, certain items on the checklist should be non-negotiable. With many towing companies specializing in roadside assistance, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly which company to invest in or where to even begin with, for that matter. As always, your number one priority should be safety! Should you find yourself in a situation where you need a tow, ensure that you’re in a safe area of the road where you can contact the experts. It takes effort and resources to research reputable towing companies in the area. Still, below, we have broken down that research into top tips on choosing a high-quality towing company and some valuable items to keep in your car during an emergency.
What Are Some Top Tips For Choosing A High-Quality Towing Company?
- Check their online reviews! Word-of-mouth is influential- one or two negative reviews may not mean much, but if the reviews are predominantly negative, that’s a red flag. You can also cross-check the reviews with that company’s website to see how professional your towing company of interest looks.
- Look into the qualifications of the towing companies you are considering. Do they have the permits to haul your cargo? Are they fully licensed and insured? These are the real questions.
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a great resource to use if you want to verify the quality of the towing company you want to call. They are an unbiased organization that rates a business based on customer complaints and how they’ve been tackled. All you have to do is search for that company on the BBB website, and you’ll see a rating that can give you some insight into how professional that company is.
What Items Should Be Kept In Stock In Your Car During An Emergency?
- If your car breaks down in the middle of the road, keeping jumper cables in your vehicle is an excellent move! The first step is to attach the red jumper cables on the positive side of the inert battery. The other jumper cables can be attached to the working battery’s positive side, leading to the black wires on the negative side of the working battery.
- A small gallon of gas (the magic number is two gallons!) is good to have on standby if you run out of gas. Many of these small containers can be purchased for a few dollars. Storage space won’t be an issue as these containers won’t take up too much space in your trunk.
- Stock your glove compartments with registration, car insurance, car manual, maintenance log, and a flashlight with batteries in case you get stuck in the dark.
If you’ve been stressed out about looking for the right towing company, we’re here to spread the good news: you don’t have to stress anymore! At Tow Pro, we are the towing and hauling experts! We have achieved an A+ rating on the BBB website, so you know we’re the real deal. We believe we’ve achieved this rating because of our client-focused mission and high-quality towing, hauling, and roadside assistance services. Our team is on call 24/7 because we know emergencies happen when you least expect them. Contact us at (615) 256-TOWS (8697) if you need us- we serve the Middle Tennessee area with diligence and professionalism. We can take on any vehicle towing and hauling request, big or small!